Day 12 of THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN WITH SMEARED AND SMUDGED

I'm Lady Brayton.  Welcome to my blog!

I am participating as a wicked blogger for THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN blog hop hosted by the Smeared and Smudged Forum

To learn more about the 31 Days of Halloween and to find out how non-bloggers can win prizes, click this link. There will be multiple prizes daily and a HUGE GRAND PRIZE at the end of the month!

 For your convenience, I will keep the blog roll posted on the left sidebar of my blog.  The hop goes LIVE everyday in October at 9:00am PST. 
You should have arrived here from Vee's Blog and your 
next stop on the hop is Lindsay's Blog.
The start of the hop is Terra's blog.


Today is Day 12 of the 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN

Here is my offering.  Sorry for the poor camera phone pictures.
(click images to enlarge)



I made another ATC today. 
 I used "Skull Front" from Smeared Ink's "Anatomy 101" digi set.  
The skull was colored with Copic markers and scanned into my PC. 
 The image was sized to fit an ATC and was printed 6 times. 
 I fussy cut various parts of the skull and used silicone glue to adhere the layers together.  When the glue dried completely, I dunked the skull into my UTEE melting pot to give it a glossy look and a good seal.  

For the ATC background, I covered 2.5" x 3.5" card with metal tape and embossed it with my Cuttlebug.  I smeared some jet-black Staz-on ink over the raised edges.  The background looked too bright against the skull so I found some black plastic mesh (from a bag of fruit) and wrapped it around the ATC.  The mesh is secured to the back of the ATC with the metal tape.  I glued my 3D skull to the ATC base with silicone glue.

Thanks for all the kind comments :)
~ Lady B ~

Comments

  1. Gorgeous - as usual. I haven't got as far as plugging in my MP yet. Love the mesh add. H xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lb this is truly amazing. Love the metal and 3d together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Again! The fussy cutting and melting pot are truly made for each other but like Helen, mine hasn't made it out of the box yet. Your grocery bag wrapped around the metal is beyond amazing! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!!
    Love how this is worked, great job.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project. Thank you for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I've been dying to try this for eons but I've gotten as far as Helen, which is nowhere. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously wicked cool ATC! The skull effect is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layering here is beyond the beyond! It's so beautiful! Great ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I really need a MP and some of that silicone glue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow LB awesome piece..love the mesh and absolutely awesome.
    hugs,
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe, so cool and beautiful! your work is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY LB .... thats a gorgeous 3d skull. You are still my crafting goddess although i dont tell you every often these days.... so here you go....LADY B RULES....ALWAYS!
    Much love xxx BDx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ATC looks fantastic
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A-gore-able! Love it! Thanx for the inspiration. Think it is time to open my melting cauldron...thinking of trying beeswax ;)

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcat.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment